chapter 5 - a splodge on the blogscape

Monday, October 16, 2006
Today on splodge...


When we were little

When I was a kid, a real treat was if Mum or Nana bought Rolos. They weren't very cheap.



Then we didn't see them a lot for a few years and now they are on special at Pak'n'Save, 2 for 99 cents... well, someone has to buy them.

Speaking of Pak'n'Save, the Gisborne Pak'n'Save is a den of iniquity, according to caughtya.org, who have posted 2 separate reports (with image confirmation) of people parking in disabled carparks without a mobility card visible.



Yes, caughtya.org is putting numberplates to offenders and broadcasting them for the whole planet to see. Sort of "Wankers on Parade". This website came in a bit of charity bumphf for CCS today.

I think this is an interesting idea as I've often wished I had my camera on me to take pics for the web of the vehicles of people who think stupidity is a condition that entitles them to park there without the right stuff on board. The only problems I have with this concept, and therefore this website so far are that 1) these pictures are taken from the rear, ie no proof there was not a mobility card in the windscreen or on the dash, and 2) because a small PostShop investment will yield you all the details of the registered owner of a vehicle, leaving drivers open to some sick sort of vigilantism. And that would be very wrong. The registered owner may not have been the driver. Or still live there. Etc.


Nah, not that last one, Goverment records for motor vehicle ownership must be accurate, surely...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home