chapter 5 - a splodge on the blogscape

Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Today on splodge...


Accuity

I fronted up to the doc this afternoon for his verdict on my wayward vision, which though it's improved a bit in one eye hasn't improved in the other.

Yes, it is nystagmus. Yes, it is normally treatable. In my case, it looks like it's MS related so the MS needs treating, not the nystagmus. This involves a trip back to see "The Brick" also known as a neurologist. I asked if the doc could just do a little email/letter type consultation thingy with my Auckland neuro (who is brill) but he said no, I gotta visit The Brick first and give him another chance to provide the appropriate treatment before packing me back to the other one if Brickman once again fucks it up.

Downside: I might need a few days in hospital having IV steroids, if I'm not right in a fortnight.

Upside: I might get another MRI which would be nice seeing ('scuse the pun) it's only a couple of months shy of 5 years since I had the last one.

Ho hum, yeah I wanted a break but lying bored shitless and computerless on a drip in a hospital bed wasn't quite what I had in mind.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home