chapter 5 - a splodge on the blogscape

Saturday, December 02, 2006
Today on splodge...


So long & thanks for all the fish

Douglas Adams wrote that the Answer to The Ultimate Question Of Life, the Universe and Everything was 42. He knew his numbers and stuff, did Douglas.

For the past year, I have indeed been that very answer in that for 12 months I have been 42 but today Time demanded I give up this important role and move on to being 43. I don't like 43 because it's an odd number and I'm an even number kind of gal, but now I have a whole year to get used to it before I can be even once again.

In commemoration of the anniversary of my deliverance at the local maternity annexe we sat down tonight to watch Deliverance on the TV. But not for long. What started out great with a gorgeous hunk of Burt Reynolds 30 odd years ago and some good ol' down home banjo picking didn't take long to mature into backwoods sodomy and some retributive killing involving mountain men who like mountin' men. Yuk. We turned it off before it got any worse.

I feel rather odd; I must be losing my touch (as well as my stomach).



3 Comments:

At 1:51 AM, Blogger cwnda dripped...

Ah! but 43 is a PRIME number so you have reached your prime -Ô¿Ô- 

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Morticia dripped...

I love you cwnda, will you have my babies??

*snigger*

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger cwnda dripped...

Of course, prime numbers start at 2 and get repeated at 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23, 29, 31, 37 & 41 so you should be well-primed by now. As for your request - sorry darling, I took out an insurance policy against that very thing years ago. However, I have never been averse to doing a little practice run now and then. -Ô¿Ô- 

 

Post a Comment

<< Home