chapter 5 - a splodge on the blogscape

Sunday, June 17, 2007
Today on splodge...


The chances of anything coming from Mars

In 1898, a man named HG Wells had a novel published. It was called The War of the Worlds.

In 1938, Orson Wells brought the story to radio and scared the crap out of a bunch of people. It helped launch him to fame.

In 1978, Jeff Wayne brought War of the Worlds to popular music with his double LP of the story, set to music and incorporating a lot of talented performers of the day including Richard Burton, Phil Lynott, Chris Thompson, Justin Haywood, Julie Covington and David Essex.



Now, in 2007, Chugg Entertainment is bringing the stage show down under. Unfortunately I don't think it will cross the ditch to us and even if it does I doubt I'll get there to see it, however you can roll back the years and revisit your youth like I did with the promo for it at this link - click the red circle below the Martian to view it and while you are there, click the yellow link entitled "Spirit of Man" near the bottom to hear (and see) the new version.

Enjoy :-)



3 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Blogger Flattie dripped...

Dust off ya credit card my girl if it comes here ... I will SHOUT ya that one if it does.... Rummages on hands & knees through the vinyl for the ole double LP.. FAREWELL THUNDERCHILD !!!!!!!

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Morticia dripped...

I told ya it would be a good 'un, now just have to see whether they bring it over. Cross all ya bits and pray.

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Morticia dripped...

Oh and I have it on vinyl somewhere too, must go have a rummage myself. Currently have the double CD version here, the booklet has all the old artwork included, nice touch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home