Groundhog Day
I was standing at the bench making dinner tonight, listening to the canned laughter and twanging nonsense that is "Friends" roaring away on the TV in the lounge and thinking to myself "I've done this before...many times...TOO many times" and thinking how awful the repeats of the repeats of the repeats repeatedly repeated is and came to the conclusion that to avoid this in future, I should just change the time I cook dinner.
That'll solve it :0)
Of course, I could always give up cooking dinner...






4 Comments:
Kill your tv. ;)
There is an easier answer. Just put the kids behind Sherman, then you can watch what you like...
Hello,
I've only just found out about you from MDMHvonPA's blog site.
I must say that I agree with him: Kill your TV.
But you shouldn't need to take the thing out, line it up in the sights of a trusty 20 gauge shotgun and BLAM!, blast away at it.
TV sets are going digital and the worlds' screens will all be going dark within the next few years.
Consider podcasts as the new media.
I even have a show here which is dedicated to MSers and its by an MSer, me.
Its got some podsafe tunes and features some potentially interesting musings. (Hmm... Music and musings... I never thought of it that way before. :-)
Welcome to, and thanks for commenting on my ramblings!
My blog is largely dedicated to (and fed by) the inanities that the lowest common denominator perpetuate in our societies every day, and draw inspiration from the questions people ask via various means (eg chat rooms or message boards) when a common sense answer should have been immediately obvious to anyone who has more than one functioning brain cell.
In this post, it highlights the stupid answers (change the time/stop cooking dinner) when any rational person would turn it off or, as you so eloquently put it, line it up in the sights of a trusty 20 gauge shotgun and BLAM!, blast away at it.
As someone with a love/hate relationship with TV in general (and tons of shows in particular) believe me, that thought has crossed my mind on many occasions!
My blog happily takes the piss out of everything and everyone - myself included. Welcome to my urinal :-)
PS Got a shotgun I can borrow?
;0)
Post a Comment
<< Home