chapter 5 - a splodge on the blogscape

Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Today on splodge...


Hacked off

What would encourage a Turkish hacker to target and take over 600+ NZ business websites?



Is it:
A. because they are hosted with ihug and he's hates ihug?
B. because ihug are the vodafone ISP and he hates vodafone?
C. because ihug web security is so abysmal that he couldn't help himself?
D. all of the above.

If I owned one of those 600+ websites that had been hacked and defaced, I'd be pretty fucked off with a host whose server security was that lax, regardless of what data integrity issues they might have inherited from their Quik servers acquisition and if I owned one of those sites, I would want to know why my site was STILL defaced 3 days later.

Do these sloppy ISP wideboys not have regular backup procedures?

Turkeys, the lot of 'em.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home