Amplified
Ian and I took a mini road trip today through the back road to Rotorua to pick up an amplifier and cd player I bought on Trade Me. I needed a new one because mine stopped working a few days ago. Mine was being used because I dropped the old man's one and broke it. I sort of mentioned that a few posts back.
The drive was fun, the weather was shockingly not fun - torrential rain, gusts of wind, flooding on the road etc. You know the type. The weather coming back was worse than going over, and some poor bugger in a council truck found the going a bit tough when he parked it head first into a bank and broke it. Big time. It wasn't there going over, but it was coming back and in the interval he must have been taken away because all that was to be seen was the munched up truck, the driver of which would probably have needed medical attention, and one police car, whose occupant was walking the road looking for clues at the scene of the crime.
When I got home, the kids' Sperm Donor was on the premises. He came to bring Adam a birthday present (Ads turned 14 last Wednesday). SD was grumpy, well he always is, he was having a txt argument with his sister in Palmy, about his brother (a convicted paedophile who also once stole SD's girlfriend after the loose-legged, brillo-pad hairdoed thing had taken all SD's money and sent him bankrupt) in Palmy and his brother's presence at the upcoming 70th birthday party for their mother, also in Palmy. The kids knew he was grumpy because he bitched (again) about the quality of the cup of coffee H made him. He's always a rude, pig-ignorant wanker when it comes to displaying basic human manners like gratitude. Then, in the middle of setting up the new amp, I bumped the thing and it let out a loud squelch. SD went off and, for a change, I told him that if he didn't like it he was free to leave. He bit back (silly man, never did know when he was out-gunned) so I sent him on his merry way, with a parting suggestion that he find some manners when in other people's homes and, specifically, to fuck off out of mine until he had.
Kids said he was grumpy because he came here twice and thought we were all out because my car wasn't home. If I'd known that, I would have suggested he learn to use a telephone for more than just txting and actually ring to make sure people are home, rather than automatically assume we have nothing better to do than sit around all day awaiting his pathetic presence. Anyway, he screamed off down the driveway (as usual), H went back to her MSN conversations, I went back to setting up the amp (I love my amp!) and Ads went back to the neighbours to help doing the sort of blokey boys-in-sheds type shit his SD should do with him. Ads also got a ride on the forklift and a small driving lesson on it down the road at the neighbour's workshop. Wet, cold, hungry, dirty, happy Ads.
So this evening, H went to church and I did the pick up/drop off for Heather's friend Jade. Jade lives not far from us, a couple of kilometres away up the hill. On the way to drop Jade off after church, about 9pm, there was a boy-racer car parked off the road just down from our driveway. It was parked back in, at right angles, down a bank, in a culvert on the corner at the bottom of the hill. God only knows how he managed it, I'd have trouble being that precise in daylight, and under full control.
Look, here it is

Those green things top left and centre in the pic are the supports for the cabling pipes that carry all the phone cables and stuff safely out of reach of the water in the culvert. We hung around long enough to watch the towie pull him back onto the road, and watch him drive off up the hill with no lights on, after almost driving into the culvert on the other side of the road. I'm glad he isn't my kid; I'd probably feel the need to cut my throat in shame at having unleashed such a brain dead waste of space kid on the world.






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home