Paint it black
So I'm driving home from Ian's tonight, right? I drive up the hill towards the shops and there's a road marking truck with flashing lights there and a couple of guys standing staring at the road.
I drive over the top of the hill and start down the other side, there's a pedestrian crossing sign on the road in the opposite lane, you know a white diamond thingy. Tonight this diamond thingy is wearing a couple of very tall, pointy cones to say "don't drive over me, I'm all wet" which are barely visible in the dark, owing to their not being next to a street light. But nowhere near the approach to the cones is any sign, warning light, anything to say they are there and I think to myself "if I was driving up the hill and about to run into those cones which I can't see because there is no light and the reflectors aren't so flash and the flashing orange truck lights 150 metres further on at the shops on top of the hill have grabbed my attention, which way would I go? Hard left = a bank and wall; hard right = across the centre line on the brow of a hill. Straight ahead = fucking great cones all tangled up under the car.
I tell ya, I'm glad I'm not a road cone, their job is wayyyyy too hazardous for MY liking.
AND it was only an hour to Black Friday... *nod*






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home