Not a sausage
I went to the bank today. Exciting huh. I had to cash a cheque. I had to get the cheque altered first to accommodate the new bank policy that sees every cheque book printed with NOT NEGOTIABLE across the middle of every single cheque.
Despite the fact that people might not want to write a closed cheque.
So the lady at the bank says that if one wishes to write a cash cheque, one must scribble out the words NOT NEGOTIABLE (right across the bit where you have to write the amount, and the bit where you write the recipient's name) and initial it and write CASH PAYMENT PLEASE on the recipient bit at the top.
Wow, thank God the bank figured out that, even though someone has probably just forged the signature, they won't be clever enough to forge just the initials to cash it.
Our millions are safe.
PS the bank should start telling its OAP clients what they are supposed to do with crossed cheques to make them acceptable to a teller. For some reason, they don't all know.
Not a sausage? No links.






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home