chapter 5 - a splodge on the blogscape

Monday, December 04, 2006
Today on splodge...


Fairy lights

Adam told me today that he has a loose tooth. I asked him if he was expecting the Tooth Fairy to come and he said no because he is too old to get money from the Tooth Fairy. No shit.

Tonight I found this lamp on a web site.



He isn't getting the lamp, either - he has enough big teeth, he doesn't need any more.

In other news, today was a red letter day around here. The old Ford van finally departed the back yard on her final journey, loaded to the gunnels with scrap metal and old computer cases, with the front wheels so badly seized that the winch was pulling the truck backwards until the ramps finally dug into the ground behind the wheels and it started to slide up them. Now the van has gone, I can finally get at my waterlily trough. AND the damned Privet that I seem to have suddenly acquired an allergy to. Getting the old boy to purge junk is worse than pulling teeth; he happily had all his removed 40 years ago to save the cost of regular dentristy appointments.



This means the Lotus will finally get a permanent home after being thrown over the bank by the thieving black bastards that stole the copper from out the front earlier this year, and with any luck the waterlily tubers might still be hibernating in the bottom of the trough. All I gotta do is find them... it's pretty manky in there.

One red van down, one white Honda Accord and one Bronze Honda Legend to go. And 40 years of accumulated engineering crap. Will any of us live long enough to be rid of it all?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home