chapter 5 - a splodge on the blogscape

Friday, March 30, 2007
Today on splodge...


Weather

It's 12.55 am and pissing down. It's not pissing down as much as it was earlier in the North. They got roads closed and drowned cars all over the place up there from the storm. Thames is supposed to be getting it tonight so I hope the Flatcat has his paws dry. It was in Rotovegas bring down branches and flooding roads this afternoon whilst we almost basked in good weather by comparison but now it's sort of cruising around outside here.

In a couple of hours ago:

NZ Police CommCens Alert 22:45 29-03-2007 Bay of Plenty

Location of incident:

Incident Type:

Adverse weather conditions Kaimai Summit (SH/29).

Caution is advised for vehicles travelling through the Kaimai Ranges on SH/29. There are reports of heavy rain and surface debri. Further reports will follow if conditions worsen.


Now honestly, who the fuck would drive the Kaimais in this weather at this time of night. I couldn't be bothered driving up the hill to buy some ciggies in it.



4 Comments:

At 4:53 AM, Blogger Flattie dripped...

Yeah, we be fine Doll. has rained all night, but nothing out of the ordinary. Herself is off to Devonport with Lorna from next door to see Sonya graduate her Navy recruit course today... Me ?? I'm driving my truck. Hopefully the windscreen wipers are working today

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous dripped...

Hiya flattie. I hope herself took some ID as they wont let you in without it ;-) Went to nephew's wedding there last Saturday..

Hey Mort..I wouldn't drive up the Kaimais in that rain..dumb idea! BUT we did venture out into the big city for Greek style Burgers. Hunger drove us out. Even in the city it was scarey driving in heavy rain..

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Morticia dripped...

I drove over to Te Puke yesterday arvo in the rain and coming back it was just filthy. The upside was everyone was driving safely and nicely and apart from a few idiots, most had their headlights on and were visible. Been over again today in the sunshine and everyone's driving like an asshole again lol. I nearly captured myself a nice boyracer's little black ricemobile as a new bonnet ornament when someone wasn't going to bother to give way at the big Papamoa roundabout.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Morticia dripped...

And as for YOU Di, going all Greek on us now are ya? Flattie loves those stuffed grape leaf thingies, I reckon they taste bloody awful but Heather loves them! :0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home