Just after lunch today, there came a wailing at the front door and in from the freezing wind and rain strolled a foreign cat. He immediately let the kids pick him up and chat to him, all the while casing the joint for enemies and full food bowls.
So, we filled a bowl with cat biscuits and he scoffed the lot in literally 5 minutes flat, yodeling as he chewed his food. Yes, yodeling, I shit you not. Then he scoffed and yodeled his way through another bowl full (I was starting to wonder where he was putting it all) followed by a bowl of jellymeat. Inner man fed, he proceeded to smack the dog (as ya do) and settle in on the couch for a good long spruce up.
The kids did the rounds all all the houses within cooee but no one knew where he came from, and one neighbour said she saw him in her garage yesterday morning but he ran away when she tried to talk to him. He then spent the afternoon wandering the whole house, sticking his nose everywhere and giving us a running commentary on his thoughts. A very vocal cat indeed and very grumpy.
Later on, I brought home some fresh chicken necks for the dog's dinner and gave him one. He yodeled that to death under the dining table, followed by a second but even he realised he couldn't manage a third.
Fed, watered, fussed and introduced to the entire house, he has settled on the piano stool for a wash and a play with the pet brush and there he still sits.
This is Rowf (so named because he never seems to stop saying rooowwwwww in that Siamese-like drawl).



I have spoken to the SPCA, left a message for pets lost and found for the radio but I don't think anything is going to help, I think I have been hijacked by a grumpy, yodeling glutton with a penchant for supplying a running commentary of his every thought and emotion.
I'm not sure I am up to the challenge!






3 Comments:
Did you know that cats are renowned for their ability to find a kindred spirit? "...a grumpy, yodeling glutton with a penchant for supplying a running commentary of his every thought and emotion..." *ducks, runs and hides* -Ô¿Ô-
A bit like dogs too, apparently. Corgis, eh... *ponders cwnda's choice of dog breed*
Touché! -Ô¿Ô-
Post a Comment
<< Home