chapter 5 - a splodge on the blogscape

Wednesday, November 01, 2006
Today on splodge...


More Tommy

I have never seen Tommy. After all, I was only 6 when it came out.

I have seen Quadrophenia but not when it came out; I was almost 10 then.

For me, just like Elvis and The Beatles, The Who seemed to define their generation (one I had arrived into a bit too late to appreciate) and now, in retrospect, prove that in some respects, nothing changes. The beer-swilling yobs of then are the LPG sniffing yobs of now.

What are the kids thinking? Really?



You thought you were going to have to look at more pussy, didn't you.



4 Comments:

At 6:57 AM, Blogger Flattie dripped...

aaaaah Tommy... If you are very very good, I might let you watch the copy that I have here .. Its an experience.. Beer swilling ?? Try banana peel smoking... Definitely one of those things you only try once... Not that I ever did you understand...

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Morticia dripped...

I was being charitable by saying beer swilling. Smoking banana skins is a bit too strange.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Flattie dripped...

sez who......

 
At 2:24 AM, Blogger Yaxlich dripped...

Tommy is a very strange film although he does like it mainly because he is a huuuuge fan of The Who.

Yaxlich has got the new Who album. He purchased it the day it came out. He hasn't stopped playing it yet. It's brilliant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home