Good Quality Zen
I am reading a book. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. It's really weird and I'm half way through and still unable to decide what the fuck he's on about when he talks about the undefinable er, quality of Quality. Thirty-three years since it's first publication, has been described as "the most widely read philosophy book, ever."
I wouldn't go quite that far, because I don't fully agree with Robert M. Pirsig's hypothesised undefinability of Quality as a harmonious combination of rationality and mysticism, not if one considers that it is probably a dynamic comparative scale by which everyone can measure their own particular situation.
But the descriptions of the road trip are nice.
In more progressive news, this is the current world population.
(Click it to visit it's owner and cool buddies)
I'd like to think that the majority feel they live a high quality life, but somehow I don't think so.
I'll be finished it soon and then can go back to reading "Women Who Love To Much. At least that one only operates under the erroneous premise that all women in dysfunctional relationships come from abusive and alcoholic backgrounds.
After that lot, I think I'll read some Arthur C. Clarke - human evolution, technology, artificial intelligence, and extraterrestrial life will seem like child's play now.

Zen, anyone?
Labels: Zen






6 Comments:
When you have finished, zen will you go cook me some eggs woman ?
I don't do eggs.
;0)
But these are very good quality eggs.. Not sure if they came first but.....
Yes, well, that reminds me of that old joke - "How do you like your eggs in the morning?" "Unfertilised, thanks."
Can't say as I get it, myself...
Tries very hard not to make an extremely ribald comment here
God loves a trier!
Post a Comment
<< Home