chapter 5 - a splodge on the blogscape

Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Today on splodge...


Just like me.

Hypothetically speaking, just for argument's sake, if it was your birthday today, and if you were turning 42, and if, perchance, you believed in numerology and added 4+2 and came up with seven six and then realised that 6 (and 7!) was a divisor of 42 (God Bless advanced Maths), wouldn't you feel you were very, very special in a Douglas Adams sort of way?

I thought so. 7 1/2 million years of computing can't be wrong.

I was just having a conversation with the Birthday Boy about having a love affair with oneself (not that sort, you grub) and how much living sometimes scares me, and what I do to attempt to keep my glass half full and that the 4 years and $12,000 I invested in my pieces of paper called diplomas was nothing to do with computers and everything to do with acquiring the tools I needed to hold my ground against this pesky disease that wants to eat me for tiffin. And that to do it I had to learn to like me, because I'm the only person I have to like, and because we aren't usually afraid of the things we like.

It's like reverse psychology and guerrilla warfare all rolled into one, innit...

How many counselors does it take to change a light bulb?
One, but the light bulb has to want to change.


Are we not all light bulbs in this Great Counseling Session called Life?



PS - you can see how I could have had trouble with Boolean Algebra and Logic Gates, eh? God Bless 80% pass thresholds and skinny teeth. Oh, and Birthday Boy for being better than me at webdev in ASP. It was my fault we only got 90% and missed the "Stefan" Merit.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home