Mathematically speaking
Just carrying on the maths theme from last post (yes, yes, I know, I do carry on), the current rAnDOm randomness over there >>> is a site all about numbers called 'What's Special About This Number?'. It has some interesting stuff on it and I learnt something there today. Yes, even I am capable of squeezing in one more scrap of useless information.
Today I learnt that 6 is the smallest perfect number (personally I think 35 was a better year), 38 is the last Roman numeral when written lexicographically (I like watches with Roman numerals), 53 is the only two digit number that is reversed in hexadecimal ( I wasn't too bad with hex, but octet used to drive me nuts), 55 is the largest triangular number in the Fibonacci sequence (Da Vinci Code, anyone?); 220 is the smallest amicable number (so the rest up till now were unfriendly numbers?); 666 is the largest rep-digit triangular number (not to be confused with triangulating the Number of the Beast), and 9999 is a Kaprekar number (my kind of quirky).
That's it. Nothing else to see here. I've been barbecuing my left leg on High continuously for over 24 hours and I think I broke my glass. I gotta go look for another one. While you are waiting, Keifer Sutherland has discovered the unfortunate truth of spending 48 days in the slammer for being pissed behind the wheel - 48 is, of course, not only exactly 2 x 24, but is also the smallest number with 10 divisors. He's not really such a big number after all, is he...and he used to be so cute, too.
brb






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home