Calvin's not here
I love Bones. Not because of the character, or the storylines, or the toys she has. No, it's the company she keeps. I mean, that David Boreanaz, he's a bit of alright, he might be like Gary Sinise one day.
So might Sexy Policeman. He rang up with good news this afternoon - the coppernicker got picked up yesterday and is facing a number of charges with reparation being sought for some of them, ours included. OK, so he won't have any money and no-one will get reparated (is that a word?), at least he can have his wings clipped long enough to smack his hand with a wet bus ticket.
(There's another one of those silly sayings.)
Anyway, Bones will be back on TV in a week or so, and so will CSI New York (Gary, baby) and House (Hugh Laurie). Combined with our new, improved TV aerial, things are looking up! In the meantime,, I have 2 new words that tickle my fancy. Number one is OSSUARY. At first listen, it sounds like a place 'osses are kept and indeed, you could keep your 'osses bones in one because an ossuary is a place where bones are stored. Clever huh.
Number two is MONSTRANCE. No, it's not a really big doorway, it's a vessel in which the consecrated Host is exposed for the adoration of the faithful. What do you get if you put them together? A MONSTROSSUARY. Whatever that is.
You can tell I'm not Catholic, hmm. I may as well not be descended from Huguenots, either, for all the Calvinistic bible thumping that gets done in this house. We are becoming such a Godless society and I can't decide if that's such a bad thing.






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home