chapter 5 - a splodge on the blogscape

Sunday, January 14, 2007
Today on splodge...


Parking Nazis

I was chatting on MSN the other night with an old tech buddy and we got to chatting about a fellow classmate who was a right little weasel, a "weekend" soldier boy who loved to spout arrant nonsense about the "hardships" of being in the Territorials, until he ran smack into another classmate who had done real army time (instead of play-acting) and was a woman to boot. Having never really found a niche in I.T. (he was hopeless at it anyway unless he was cheating/screwing up someone else's assessment), he was last heard of working for a security firm, and the last time I saw him it was outside the Red Shed a couple of christmases ago when he was on Parking Nazi duty (another uniform job for the uniform lamer lover) and he rushed over to my car, obviously intent on moving this middle aged woman with kids out of the mobility park they had just pulled into. He didn't even bother to look at the windscreen of the car before puffing up to present his spiel or he would have seen the mobility card there. Anyhooo, he screeched to a halt when I got out and it was a real crack up watching the cogs attempt to change direction as he recognised who he was about to have a go at and just how far out of line he would have been. He was probably quite aware of the public bollocking he would have received from me as well; it wouldn't have been the first time.

Tauranga Council has some dodgy parking nazis too; they park IN the mobility carparks so that they don't have to walk far to ticket people parking illegally in the boat'n'trailer parks at Pilot Bay.



The difference is, they are ALLOWED to, so that removes the inner conflict of having to ticket themselves. Someone should send that to caughtya.org.

I was hassled a few years ago because I parked for 2 minutes, in an alleyway, on a Sunday afternoon, in the pouring rain while I returned some DVDs to the Video shop when there was no parking along the entire block (just an empty bus stop and you aren't allowed to park there) and it was too far to walk from way around the corner. The Nazi that hassled me that day was randomly driving past and parked in the bus stop while he harangued me for 5 minutes about parking in an unused alleyway (which had other exits) for two minutes. I just laughed at him and suggested that he ticket me and when he was finished give himself a bigger one for blocking a bus stop.

I didn't get a ticket.

Double standards are alive and well and living in local government. That's something for the pint-sized Weaselman to remember next time he is looking for a job.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home