chapter 5 - a splodge on the blogscape

Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Today on splodge...


Brrrrrrrrr

It's cold. OK, so it's not really cold but its colder than when it was warm, so that qualifies as cold.

Doesn't it?

It must be cold because I am wearing my long sexy flannelette granny nightie (leers provocatively), the cream one with the little blue flowers on it. And fluffy socks. But not slippers because I need a new pair for this winter and I haven't got around to buying any yet. I'm not totally unprepared for the coming season; I've bought some thermal drapes for the hallway doors to keep the heat in and I've just spent 3 days killing myself rearranging all the lounge furniture to best utilise the heat from the big gas heater in the hallway. Now, instead of having the heat blowing in behind the furniture and being half cold by the time it got to us, it's in front of us and should keep us warmer at night whilst watching TV. If I get around to lighting the heater, that is. And take up watching TV more often.

Maybe by next winter the old boy will get his A into G and install that open fireplace I've been craving for the past 10 years. I guess you can't rush these things, eh...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home