Song of the day
I had cause the other day to listen to an artist I had sort of forgotten about. You might wish I had continued to have forgotten it but never mind, shit happens.
The artist is Harry Nilsson. Now some of you will think "I know that name" and some of you will think "who the f...?" but nevertheless, he wrote some nice wee songs and performed some nice wee songs like "Everybody's Talkin'", "Without You" and "You're Breaking My Heart" with the memorable lyrics - "you're breaking my heart, you're tearing it apart so fuck you". I mean, how can you argue with that? He did covers of other peoples' songs and a notable oner was of the song considered to have 'carried the zeitgeist of the Youth Movement of the 60s in the verbal whirlwind' and this song is almost topical at this time (except for Flattie, and then it's topical all the time) because it's a Bob Dylan number and it's just been announced that Bob Dylan will play some NZ gigs in a couple of months time.
And it was Bob's birthday just the other day.
Wiki led me laterally to this version done by another performer, and I just know this will help Flattie get his rear end under control - both his tails are wagging at once and throwing him right off balance at the thought of two tickets to see Bob, How the Hell we'll ever get a sane word from the man AFTER he sees Bob is beyond me.
Subterranean Homesick Blues - as you've never seen it before.






2 Comments:
I remember Harry Nilsson. His big album was Nilsson Schmillson. An yuss that is a very clever version of subby blues. An yusss I did remember Bobby's birfday, just been a bit busy is all XXXXXXXXXX
O stone be not so.
Doom a yam!
Post a Comment
<< Home