chapter 5 - a splodge on the blogscape

Sunday, August 12, 2007
Today on splodge...


Who's the ID10T

There is this common misconception that even an idiot can use a computer, and to this end, Micro$oft (in their infinite wisdom) have made sure that every keyboard-hugging technophobe will know that they have installed a new program with the inclusion of a neat little feature that pops up in your Start menu when you click the Start button. That's the one bottom left, that's right, the one you use to stop your computer.

*rolls eyes*



See it there? That's right, the info balloon with the cheerful confirmation that you have indeed installed that program you downloaded, double-clicked and accepted all installation defaults for.

Unfortunately, it's not smart enough to tell you which application it refers to. Or that you have also managed to install Yahoo Toolbar. And half a dozen spyware-related hooks.

Now, that one up there ^ popped up last Wednesday, after I installed something that caught my eye and it hasn't gone away yet. I've installed at least half a dozen things since then, so I'm not sure if even that little balloon knows which app it refers to.

I sure as hell don't.

I think it's an internal ID10T error. It's name is "Windows".



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home