Rails
Adam had a very busy day. It's open weekend at the club and he spent most of the day being dogsbody at the track, and had a lot of fun doing it.

The guy that owns the locomotive above, stopped on the track next to where Ads and I were standing and said to Ads "you want to drive?". It's pretty obvious what the answer was! He's driven a lot of locos now, mostly local club ones but occasionally the track visitors let him loose behind whatever does service as a wheel on an engine and he has a ball.
I took a few pics today and put the good ones together with the best of the pics taken at the Thames open weekend back in May and made Ads a blog for his train stuff. The permanent link, titled "All Aboard" is over there ---->>. Have a quick gander if you've a minute to spare, there are some beautiful locomotives (and a couple of mini traction engines) to enjoy.
Years ago, I used to do the "bring a plate baking" for open weekends like this when I was still married to Adam's father, when he was an active member of the club. Now I'm doing it again for Adam. I've made a huge batch of pikelets tonight to take tomorrow and am looking forward to bed, sleep and Adam making his own damned morning teas next year. All he has to do is get his hand around flipping them and he'll be flying solo.
Driving a loco is easier to learn than flipping a pikelet. Bet you didn't know that.
;0)






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home